- The managerial skills and principles obtained from The B.S.H. Health Services Administration Major offered by Ohio University, when combined with a thorough understanding of the health care delivery system, provide students with the solid foundation needed for future career success. The program prepares students for entry level administrative, general staff, and other non-clinical positions in a variety of sectors within the health care industry.
Upon completion of the program:
- Students will be able to explain the role of key stakeholders in the health care system.
- Students will be able to explain the interrelationships between cost, quality, and access variables in terms of the health care system.
- Students will be able to summarize significant pieces of health care legislation.
- Students will be able to explain the key management functions displayed by health care administrators.
- Students will be able to analyze financial data and information to make justifiable decisions that impact the overall performance of health care organizations.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competence in a wide variety of verbal communication skills and techniques across formal and informal setting.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Upon graduation Health Services Administration program at Ohio University, students are prepared to seek employment in a wide variety of entry level positions, including non-clinical staff positions in hospitals, physician practices, managed care organizations, home health care agencies, community health centers, and other emerging health organizations. Additionally, the program is excellent preparation for admission into graduate professional programs in health administration, business, or public health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health System Organization, Financing, and Delivery
- Human Resources Management in Health Care
- Community Health Epidemiology
- Leadership and Management of Health Care Organizations
- Contemporary Problems in Health Care Organizations
- Administrative Applications in Health Care Organizations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Health Health Management View 421 other Masters in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22406 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22406 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12612 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.