- The B.S.P.Ex. Exercise Physiology Major offered by Ohio University also prepares students to advance to higher degrees in exercise physiology and health related disciplines. Students often pursue certification through the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association to enhance employment opportunities. The program curriculum meets most admission requirements for the physical therapy program and is an integral part of the athletic training curriculum.
- This degree includes a solid background in basic sciences to allow the student to develop an understanding of how the body responds and adapts to exercise stimuli. Students also develop the applied skills to evaluate physical fitness, and to design and administer appropriate exercise prescriptions.
Upon completion of the program:
- Students will be able to describe the cardiovascular and musculoskeletal responses and adaptations to exercise/physical activity.
- Students will be able to interpret and analyze results of exercise tests for diverse populations.
- Students will be able to evaluate exercise for safety and effectiveness in a wide variety of populations.
- Students will be able to create evidence-based exercise programs for diverse populations.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
A degree in exercise physiology offered by Ohio University will prepare students for three different professional directions: preprofessional program preparation, exercise physiology research and exercise physiology applications.Preprofessional Preparation
- Many exercise physiology students use their degree in exercise physiology as a preparation for application to a graduate level professional program, such as: physical therapy, physician’s assistant, chiropractic school, occupational therapy or medical school. The basic science background of this program helps to prepare students for application to these professional programs.
- Some students are interested in pursuing a career in a research environment, such as academia. The research direction of exercise physiology requires an even greater emphasis on the basic sciences, with more classes in biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology. This can be accomplished by supplementing their degree with these courses.
- Many of exercse physiology students desire to use their knowledge to work with individuals or groups to promote physical fitness, health and/or performance. These individuals or groups include: health/fitness, clinical/rehabilitation, and athletic performance. The program prepares students to work in all three of these categories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Practicum in Exercise Physiology
- Applied Kinesiology
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Physiology of Exercise
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Biochemistry Genetics View 1651 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22403 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22403 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22406 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12612 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.