The B.A. Art History Major at Ohio University's students research art and visual culture in depth and may pursue graduate study in art history or related fields. Students are expected to discuss their programs of study, including electives, with assigned faculty advisors. In the art history major program, students learn how to articulate and express their ideas about art and develop research and writing skills as tools for communicating about art. Many students complete internships at galleries and museums throughout the country.
- To reflect the breadth and variety of art and visual culture, the art history program offers a diverse, comprehensive curriculum in the history of world cultures. Students from across the University have opportunities to participate in summer Fine Arts Study Abroad programs in Italy, Great Britain, and Mexico, where they experience art and visual culture in their unique historical and cultural contexts.
- The undergraduate Art History program prepares students to work in fields related to art history, or undertake graduate work at the master’s level before proceeding on to the Ph.D., which is the terminal degree in art history.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pre-Columbian Art
- West African Art
- Asian Art History
- History of Chinese Art
- History of Japanese Art
- Arts of Medieval China (400-1300)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Art History View 843 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.