Nursing at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is designed to meet the learning needs of the individual who has completed a prior BS or higher degree in a field other than nursing. The Accelerated Track will require 15 months of continuous full-time intensive study. The faculty recommends that students in this track do not work while in the program. Candidates will be admitted to this track once per year in May.
There are two tracks of study in the Nursing program:
- Accelerated Track at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Traditional Track - an upper division completion track for individuals completing their first baccalaureate degree and who are not registered nurses. Students will complete this program in 2 years of study with summers off. Candidates are admitted in both the fall and spring semester of each year.
- Concepts of Professional Nursing
- Health Assessment: Theoretical Foundations
- Health Assessment: Clinical Application
- Clinical Nursing Practice -Theoretical
- Clinical Nursing Practice: Clinical Application
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Administration Health Sciences View 678 other Bachelors in Nursing in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at UT Health San Antonio and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application submitted via NursingCAS. View a video overview on completing NursingCAS application.
- NursingCAS application service fee
- Complete 60 semester credit hours of required prerequisite courses. Students must complete all required math and science prerequisite courses at the time of application. For a list of required courses, click here.
International1104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 552 USD per semester during 22 months.
National1104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 552 USD per semester during 22 months.
Living costs for San Antonio
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.