Opportunities Upon Graduation
- B.S. in Psychology Major from Ohio University's graduates are prepared for a diverse array of careers due to their academic program's emphasis on communication and critical and analytical thinking. Career opportunities range from work in the human services sector, such as counseling, crisis work, and performance enhancement; work in research, from social and market research to experimental psychology; and even work in the business sector, with positions in sales, public relations, and customer service.
- Potential employers of psychology graduates include, but are not limited to, the following: hospitals and healthcare providers; institutions of higher education; rehabilitation facilities; local, state, and national government agencies; social services and non-profit agencies; public and private K-12 schools; research organizations; service providers; etc. A degree in psychology will also prepare students for graduate study.
The department has the following aims:
- To provide students with engaging courses taught by qualified faculty that insure students develop a strong foundation in the major substantive areas of psychology
- To emphasize the development of excellent quantitative and research skills by capitalizing on the opportunities available in a department widely acknowledged as one of the pre-eminent research departments in the university
- To encourage participation in service activities that serve both to deepen students’ understanding of psychology and to address the needs of the local community and the broader region
- To provide advising that (1) insures students complete their degree in a timely fashion and (2) insures they complete a program of study that adequately prepares them for their chosen career, whether in psychology or in one of the multitude of fields for which training in psychology is beneficial
- General Psychology
- Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Child and Adolescent Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadlines are priority deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Statistics View 825 other Bachelors in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ohio University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International23720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23720 USD per year during 48 months.
National23720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23720 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13352 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.