- The B.A. Mathematics Major from Ohio University offers a strong program in mathematical techniques and ways of thinking that can be used in a wide variety of careers. The major covers core topics that provide a common structure, while leaving flexibility to pursue topics of interest. This flexibility allows the mathematics major to be combined with other majors in the sciences, engineering, and technology to form a coherent undergraduate experience.
- Other majors in the mathematical sciences offered by the Mathematics Department are the B.S. in applied mathematics, actuarial science, and mathematical statistics.
- When planning any program of study in mathematics, it is strongly recommended that you consult an advisor from the Department.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Whether as part of a double major or alone, a degree in mathematics is a recognized intellectual achievement. It is marketable to a broad selection of employers or can be used as an entrance to a variety of graduate and professional schools.
- Potential employers include, but are not limited to, the following: state and federal government agencies; scientific research and development services; communication firms; public and private K-12 education; institutions of higher education; computer services companies; software publishers; banks and credit unions; non-profit organizations; and chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
- Discrete Mathematics
- Applied Linear Algebra
- Elementary Differential Equations
- Complex Variables
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 989 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.