The BSc Mathematics—Actuarial Science Major at Ohio University has a strong business component, it satisfies the requirements for a Business minor, and is suitable if you plan to combine mathematics with a career in business. When planning a course of study in actuarial science, it is strongly recommended that you consult an advisor in the Mathematics Department.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- The actuarial profession is consistently rated as one of the most desirable. Graduates of the actuarial sciences program are experts in managing risk in multiple industries. The diverse skills students gain with this degree will prepare them to pursue work in the insurance industry, whose function relies on the risk assessment skills of actuaries.
- Graduates also find satisfying work within financial services (i.e. investment management, banking), health administration, energy corporations (i.e. utilities, oil, gas), environmental organizations, and the transportation sector. Additional employers of actuarial sciences graduates include, but are not limited to, institutions of higher education, public accounting firms, labor unions, and investment firms.
- Linear Algebra
- Theory of Statistics
- Applied Statistics
- Basic Principles of Actuarial Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 969 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.