- The B.S. Geography - Environmental Prelaw Major offered by Ohio University is unique because in addition to requiring social science courses that prepare students for law school, it also requires a foundation in the physical sciences and courses that link humans and their environment.
- Our department is committed to excellence in both teaching and advising. Several of our faculty members have received teaching awards, and we are known across campus for the quality of our advising. As a geography major, you will meet one-on-one with your faculty advisor every semester during advising week, and you are always welcome to talk with your advisor at any time throughout the semester whenever questions may arise. In addition to advising our students about their academic programs, we provide timely information about internships, nationally competitive awards, and other opportunities as they arise. Many of our students complete internships and several of our students over the last few years have received nationally competitive awards.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Students who earn a degree in Geography – Environmental Prelaw at Ohio University are well-prepared to pursue law school, both in-state and around the nation. For those who choose to pursue a career upon graduation, students are prepared for positions in a wide variety of settings. These include, but are not limited to, environmental and sustainability planning, resource management, natural areas preservation, and outdoor and environmental education, as well as in environmental assessment, monitoring, and restoration. In addition, graduates can seek careers in private and public firms and agencies that employ geographic information systems; education (public and private K-12 schools and higher education); local, state, or federal governments; city and regional planning agencies; and non-profit organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Geography
- Human Geography
- Foundations for Capstone Research in Geography
- Air Photo Interpretation
- Environmental Geography
- Global Issues in Environment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Ecology Environmental Sciences View 473 other Masters in Geography in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.