- Students completing the B.S. Geography - Urban Planning and Sustainability Major at Ohio University will develop sophisticated understandings of cities and their role in the social, economic, and environmental challenges of the 21st century. The curriculum emphasizes urban, sustainability, and planning theory and process, in addition to a strong foundation in geography and its major analytical techniques.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Students who pursue a degree in Geography - Urban Planning and Sustainability at Ohio University are well-suited for a variety of career opportunities, from city planner to corporate sustainability officer. While it is common for urban planners to hold positions within the local, state, and federal governments, additional employment opportunities are available with urban and environmental planning firms; real estate development companies; community-based non-profit organizations; local, state, and national parks; architecture firms; zoning administration; historical preservation agencies; institutions of higher education; etc. Many urban planning positions require a graduate degree. Consequently, the urban planning and sustainability major also positions its graduates well for graduate level study in Planning, Environment Studies, Public Policy, and Geography programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geography of Europe
- Geography of Africa
- Appalachia: Land and People
- Air Photo Interpretation
- Principles of Remote Sensing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Sustainable Development Urban Planning View 470 other Masters in Geography in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.