- The B.A. English - Literature and Writing Major offered by Ohio University is also flexible enough to match students’ own interest and goals. Students can fulfill up to 9 of the required hours in the major with creative writing workshops, courses in rhetoric or visual texts, or apprenticeship or internship experiences. Lake all majors in the English Department, the English – Literature in Writing major includes the English Core to provide a solid foundation in literary genres and research.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Having honed their ability to grasp complexity, communicate clearly, understand multiple contexts, and provide synthetic answers, graduates of the English – Literature & Writing program are prepared to pursue a wide variety of careers. Many of our graduates go on to pursue graduate programs, including M.A. or Ph.D. programs in English Literature & Language, Master's programs in Information Science or Education, and law or business school.
- Others work in publishing, web content development, corporate communications, grant-writing and community organizing, advertising, or personnel management. As importantly, the well-rounded education that OHIO requires of its English students can help ensure that they are ready for the unexpected challenges of a rapidly-changing job market.
Ohio University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) (formerly the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Shakespeare
- English Literature to 1500
- American Literature to 1865
- English Literature: 1800-1900
- American Literature: 1918 to Present
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 1121 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.