The Computer Science and Applied Mathematics program of University at Albany is a good choice for students with particular interests in mathematics as well as computer science.
This program offers two concentrations: the General Concentration (CSMAT) and Data Analytics (CSMAT-DA).
These programs provide excellent preparation for the advanced Graduate Record Examination in computer science and will provide an attractive background for admission to high quality graduate programs in computer science. The mathematics portion of the program, with the appropriate selection of one or two electives, can provide a good mathematical background for work in operations research which is an important area of computer application in business, or for numerical computation in a variety of areas related to the scientific and engineering use of computers. The Data Analytics concentration provides a good background for work in data mining and data analysis, using data to inform business decisions.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Science
- Data Processing Principles
- Scientific Computing
- Object-Oriented Programming for Data Processing Applications
- Discrete Structures
- Data Structures
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Computer Sciences Actuarial Science View 2020 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
- Submit the application
- You may scan your transcripts to us All freshman applicants are required to submit a transcript from their secondary school, and academic transcripts in languages other than English must be accompanied by an official and certified English translation
- Submit your test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), SAT or ACT as required
- Submit the International Student Financial Statement
- Submit a 250- to 500-word personal essay
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor
International24910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24910 USD per year during 48 months.
National24910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24910 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.