- The B.A. Economics Major at Ohio University emphasizes an analytical approach used in problem solving, observation, inference from data, and presenting ideas in writing and speech.
- The major involves study of microeconomics and macroeconomics, study in economics fields such as labor economics, managerial economics or energy economics, and the use of statistical analysis in economics.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Economists work on a variety of jobs in the private sector, government agencies, the education sector and as consultants. Entry level positions for economists with a bachelor's degree include market analysts, research assistants for administrative or management positions and various sales jobs. Master's and Ph.D. degrees prepare economists for jobs requiring more quantitative and analytical skills. Examples of sectors and jobs that draw on the skills developed in the economics major are the following:
- General business: business analyst, marketing analyst, business forecaster, auditor
- Government: researcher, analyst, speechwriter, forecaster
- Financial services: broker, financial analyst, investment banker
- Banking: credit analyst, loan officer, investment analyst
- Education: college professor, researcher
- Journalism: economic analyst, industry analyst
- Other: business consultant, think tank analyst
Ohio University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) (formerly the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Economic Statistics
- Economic Methodology
- Current Economic Problems
- Mathematics for Economists
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 1076 other Masters in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22406 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22406 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12611 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12611 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.