- B.A. World Religions Major offered by Ohio University cover Judaism, early Christianity, Greek and Roman religions, Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism. Each student chooses an area of specialization, and learns a foreign language connected with that specialization. Students in the world religions major have also majored in English, history, and sociology.
- World religions majors with a GPA of 3.5 or higher can complete a departmental honors thesis in one or two terms for 3-6 credit hours in addition to the regular requirements for the major. Preapproved application and interview required.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- The demand for people knowledgeable in the religions of this increasingly smaller globe is growing, and the United States is also becoming increasingly diverse religiously. Expertise in the study of a number of religious traditions benefits students preparing for careers in journalism, politics, and business. It can also be part of one's preparation for leadership in religious communities. Often pre-professionals are encouraged to pursue a broad liberal arts education in which world religions may be a significant component.
- Courses in world religions are also of interest to many graduate programs. Our graduates have gone on to further study in religious studies and theology graduate programs. Outside academia, World Religions graduates have gone on to work abroad in the Peace Corps and for NGOs; others have become counselors and therapists; others have entered into business careers and work in government.
Ohio University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) (formerly the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Theories of Religion
- Contemporary Religious Thought
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 804 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- Preapproved application and interview required.
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams. International Baccalaureate Curriculum
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22406 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22406 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12612 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.