- B.A. Classical Civilization Major at Ohio University's students learn to analyze the evidence from archaeology and literature and apply the patterns they recognize to the modern world. Classical civilization students are encouraged to take Latin or Greek to fulfill the language requirement, to learn how to think like an ancient Greek or Roman, and so understand these cultures from the inside.
- Many of our Classical Civilization majors at Ohio University are also majors in English, history, and anthropology. Classical civilization majors with a GPA of 3.5 or higher can complete a departmental honors thesis in one or two terms for 3-6 credit hours in addition to the regular requirements for the major. Preapproved application and interview required.
Careers and Graduate School
- Classical civilization graduates can apply skills in research, analysis and critical thinking, and familiarity with humanities to many jobs and professional programs. Our students have gone on to graduate programs in classics, archaeology, and museum studies, and have made careers in law, business, art gallery curatorship, contract archaeology, nonprofit organizations, and heritage tourism, among others.
- Potential employers include, but are not limited to, historical societies, libraries, the state and local government, retailers and consulting firms, institutions of higher education, etc.
Ohio University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) (formerly the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Greek Archaeology
- Roman Archaeology
- Classical Athens
- Rome Under the Caesars
- World Archaeology
- Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchaeology History General Studies & Classics View 132 other Bachelors in Archaeology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.