- The B.S. Chemistry—Prepharmacy Major program at Ohio University is specifically designed to prepare the student for admission into a Doctor of Pharmacy program at an accredited pharmacy school. Graduates of a Doctor of Pharmacy program are eligible to take licensure examinations to become registered pharmacists.
- The program is based upon the requirements of pharmacy schools in Ohio, but other schools might vary in their requirements. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that the admission requirements for a particular school are met.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Students with a B.S. degree in chemistry–prepharmacy are well-prepared to pursue pharmacy school upon completion of this degree. However, other higher education and career opportunities also exist depending upon the interest of the graduate. A large number of our graduates go on to take advanced degrees in all areas of chemistry and biochemistry.
- Graduates of our program are employed in environmental, pharmaceutical and other chemical companies throughout the country. Jobs held by recent graduates include applications lab technician, attorney, associate chemist, auditor, chemist, research and discovery chemist, chemistry and physics teacher, criminalist, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, drug analyst, environmental engineer, pharmacist, physician, QA process chemist, and technology transfer manager.
Ohio University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) (formerly the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education). While over 30 of the University's academic programs are accredited by their own specialized accreditors, Ohio University as a whole is accredited by HLC; all of the University's programs and units are covered by this institution-wide accreditation. HLC offers three different pathways to institutional accreditation. They are the Standard Pathway, the Open Pathway, and the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) pathway. Ohio University has been in AQIP since 2002. The next Reaffirmation of Ohio University's accreditation is scheduled for 2025-26; however, AQIP is on an eight-year cycle, so it will occur in 2023-24.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry: Quantitative Analysis and Electrochemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Physical Chemistry
- Fundamentals of Inorganic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 1661 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.