You can also customize your program with an elective specialty track in either health psychology or nutrition. A capstone project will help you integrate and apply the concepts and skills you learned to a real-life situation, preparing you to make an impact your first day on the job.
A second-year medical resident can treat 80 percent of people with a heart condition by giving simple guidance: eat better, get more exercise and sleep, and stop smoking. Easy, right? The problem is, knowing what to do is much easier than knowing how to do it. Lifestyle habits are engrained from years of subtle abuse to our bodies. In that way, these aren’t issues for medicine; they’re issues for psychology.
A lot of what’s cutting edge in health today is dealing with behavioral health – lifestyle choices. Medical doctors aren’t trained to tackle that. But IIT’s Behavioral Health and Wellness graduates are.
As a student in the Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health and Wellness program at Illinois Institute of Technology, you will develop your understanding of how lifestyle choices impact health over time, and how to design individualized programs to promote healthy living, most often related to nutrition, exercise, and tobacco and alcohol use.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Behavior, Growth and Learning
- Brain, Mind and Behavior
- Social Inequality
- Human Motivation and Emotion
- Health Psychology
- Comparative Health Systems
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Multicultural and Psychosocial Aspects of Disability
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 1606 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.