The McKinsey Global Institute, a renowned business and economic research group, even put out a report titled “Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity” outlining the growth potential of this field.
The Applied Analytics program at the Illinois Institute of Technology prepares students to pursue these new careers and provides expertise in communicating data and understanding human behavior that are lacking from analytics-like programs housed in areas of computer science and statistics.
While many research universities offer Applied Analytics at the graduate level, Lewis College is one of the first to offer this high-impact program at the undergraduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Mining
- Social Networks
- Online Social Networks
- Information Visualization
- Data Modeling and Applications
- Technology and Social Change
- Psychological Testing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 620 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 24+ (Must have 22+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1140+ (Must have 550+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.