The Studio Art program at the Smith College has classes that take place in studios with spaces for hand-setting type, using bandsaws, creating installations and designing computer graphics. All senior art majors have their own studio spaces.
All graduating art majors and minors will:
- Develop familiarity with original works of art and/or architecture and with research tools appropriate for the discipline, including print scholarship, online databases and various reference materials.
- Communicate their ideas effectively in written, oral and (as appropriate) material form, including public presentations that rely upon the display of visual images or artwork.
- Engage a range of disciplines in their work, in the spirit of a liberal arts education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureArt studio and architecture majors and minors will demonstrate:
- Mastery of practices or techniques in the current field of practice for at least one medium (e.g, painting, installation, photography, digital media).
- Fluency in an extensive and pertinent vocabulary for describing their own work and the art historical antecedents with which it shares relationships.
- Familiarity with professional practices and global perspectives within the cultural landscape of contemporary art.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design View 1969 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Smith Writing Supplement
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms
- Official SAT I, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or the Duolingo English Test/*DET*
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International53940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53940 USD per year during 48 months.
National53940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53940 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.