Initial studio assignments at the Architecture program at the Illinois Institute of Technology develop communication skills—verbal, graphic, and written—that enable students to navigate their field while also introducing them to the elements that comprise architecture—surface, wall, door, opening, stair, room.
With an emphasis on how things are made, students will be asked to consider fundamental questions: What is a door? How does its making inform its design? How does its design impact the wall surrounding it? This initial period culminates in the design of a small structure encompassing all of the elements explored in the preceding exercises.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Architecture
- Architecture Studio I – Elements
- Design Communications I: Units & Order
- Geometry for Architects
- Architecture Studio II – Unit
- Design Communications II: Systems & Assemblages
- The Metropolis
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 164 other Masters in Interior Design in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 24+ (Must have 23+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1140+ (Must have 560+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 60 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.