This understanding fosters both development of new materials and improvement of existing materials in order to optimize manufactured products.
Laboratory experience is an important part of the Materials Science and Engineering program at Illinois Institute of Technology and emphasizes micro-structural characterization using modern analytical techniques, such as optical and electron microscopy and x-ray diffraction, materials processing, determination of the physical and mechanical behavior of materials, and materials and process selection.
Graduating students find employment opportunities in a wide range of industries requiring knowledge of materials development and/or optimization, processing and selection.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Profession
- Principles of Chemistry
- Materials Science
- Introduction to Computer Programming for Engineers
- Introduction to Mechanics
- Design for Innovation
- Multivariate & Vector Calculus
- Mechanics of Solids
- Computational Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1366 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.