Undergraduate Architectural Practice and Enterprise students immerse themselves in the principles of traditional and classical architecture and its application in the modern world. That means learning more than the basics of design and construction. It means developing an understanding of society itself and how the buildings where people live, work, and worship facilitate a sense of community. To that end, Notre Dame has developed an extensive five-year program to prepare students to become licensed architects and engaged citizens committed to the greater good of the built and natural environment.
We are not looking for a particular set of skills. Basically, show us what you have learned so far. Free hand drawing and painting are the skills we look for most, but photography, sculpture, ceramics, woodworking and model-building can all be strong elements as well. Drafting, by hand or computer, is somewhat helpful, especially if it shows a strong understanding of architectural drawing conventions.
The University of Notre Dame is a Catholic academic community of higher learning, animated from its origins by the Congregation of Holy Cross. The University is dedicated to the pursuit and sharing of truth for its own sake. As a Catholic university, one of its distinctive goals is to provide a forum where, through free inquiry and open discussion, the various lines of Catholic thought may intersect with all the forms of knowledge found in the arts, sciences, professions, and every other area of human scholarship and creativity.
General Liberal Arts:
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Science and Technology
- Quantitative Reasoning or Science and Technology
- Art and Literature, or Advanced Language and Culture
- History or Social Science
- Integration or Way of Knowing not yet chosen from 4 or 5
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 405 other Bachelors in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Notre Dame Writing Supplement via the Common Application or Coalition Application.
- Optional: Results of your ACT or SAT assessment scores - Notre Dame is test-optional for 2022 and 2023 application cycles. S
- Official results of the TOEFL, IELTS, DET, or PTE Academic, if applicable
- Official high school transcripts or record of academic achievement in secondary school
- A letter of evaluation from a high school teacher in a core academic subject area who knows you well
- Counselor evaluation (recommended, not required)
- A completed Certification of Finances plus financial documentation (see below) verifying the totals on the Certification of Finances submitted via your applicant status portal
- A copy of your passport submitted via your applicant status portal
- If applying for need-based financial aid, a completed CSS Profile
International58843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58843 USD per year during 48 months.
National58843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58843 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for South Bend
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.