Cell Biology and Biochemistry at Bucknell University is designed for students who are interested in understanding living organisms at the cellular and molecular level. This course of study will provide strong foundations in both biology and chemistry and will offer the student both the intellectual and the laboratory skills to grapple with questions at the interface of these two disciplines.
In addition to a rigorous scientific education, this program enables students to gain a strong background in the liberal arts and to think critically about the impact of biotechnology on social and ethical issues.
The major in cell biology/biochemistry will focus on subdisciplines within biology and chemistry such as immunology, genetic engineering, nucleic acids, biomembrane function, cell biology of cancer, and enzymology.
This program strongly emphasizes independent student research, including both seminar programs and hands-on research. A major in cell biology/biochemistry offers students an excellent preparation for careers in biotechnology, biomedical technology, medicine, pharmacology and bioengineering.
It also is an excellent foundation for students preparing for entrance into Ph.D. programs in cell and molecular biology or biochemistry or Ph.D./M.D. programs in medically related fields.
- Biological Inquiries and Observations
- Integrated Concepts in Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Biochemical Methods
- Cell Biology
- Principles of Chemistry
- Explorations in Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 2228 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your personal essays electronically through the application website you choose.
- Pay the nonrefundable $40 application fee electronically when you apply or request a fee waiver through the application website.
- Official secondary school transcript in certified English translations, if applicable.
- Mid-year Report and/or copy of your updated transcript, if applicable.
- Common Application teacher evaluation form in English.
- Early Decision Agreement form, including all required signatures (for early decision applicants only).
- Copy of biographical photo page of passport.
- All applicants to all of Bucknell's degree programs are required to have completed a minimum of two years of a foreign language (in the same language) in secondary school.
- All applicants to all of Bucknell's degree programs are required to have completed a minimum of two-and-a-half years of college-preparatory mathematics.
International61100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61100 USD per year during 48 months.
National59474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59474 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Lewisburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.