Students who successfully complete the Athletic Training degree are eligible to sit for the Athletic Training Board of Certification exam (BOC). Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC) are highly educated and skilled medical professionals that specialize in athletic health care such as prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. As part of a complete healthcare team, the Certified Athletic Trainer works under the direction of a physician and in cooperation with other healthcare professionals.
Thus, the overall objectives of the ATEP are to educate the students in the following Athletic Training practice domains:
• Injury/Illness Prevention and Wellness Protection – Students identify injury, illness, and risk factors associated with participation in sport and implement all components of a comprehensive injury prevention program.
• Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis – Students conduct a thorough initial clinical evaluation of injuries and illnesses commonly sustained by the patient and formulate an impression of the injury and or illness for the primary purposes of administering first aid or making appropriate referrals to physicians for diagnosis and medical treatment.
• Immediate and Emergency Care – Students provide appropriate first aid and emergency care for acute injures according to accepted standards and refers injured or all participants to appropriate personnel for evaluation, diagnosis and follow up care.
• Treatment and Rehabilitation – Students plan and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation and or reconditioning program for injuries and illnesses sustained by the patient.
• Organizational and Professional Health and Well-being – Students plan, coordinate and supervise all administrative components of an athletic training program and address legal issues pertaining to the Athletic Training profession.
You can apply until:
Always verify the dates on the programme website.
Introduction to Athletic Training
Introduction to Athletic Training Lab
Responding to Emergencies
Applied Nutrition for Health and Performance
Foundations in Athletic Training
Elements of Sport Psychology
Bioenergetics and Skeletal Muscle Physiology
Medical Terminology and Documentation
Basic Human Physiology
Functional Human Anatomy
For more information, please visit the programme website.
Minimum required score:
The IELTS – or the International English Language Test System – tests your English-language abilities (writing, listening, speaking, and reading) on a scale of 1.00–9.00. The minimum IELTS score requirement refers to which Overall Band Score you received, which is your combined average score. Read more about IELTS.Schedule IELTS
Minimum required score:
The TOEFL iBT ® measures your English-language abilities in an academic setting. The test has four sections (reading, listening, speaking, and writing), each with a score range of 0-30, for a total score range of 0-120. Read more about TOEFL iBT ®.Schedule TOEFL®
Minimum required score:
The TOEFL®PBT is administered in a paper format and measures your ability to use and understand English in a classroom setting at the college or university level. It accurately measures how well you can listen, read and write in English while performing academic tasks. Read more about TOEFL®PBT.Schedule TOEFL®
• Complete the online application
• Official Transcripts
• Send official Test Scores: Test scores will only be accepted if they are submitted directly from the testing agency
• Complete the School Report
• Letter or Recommendation
• Conduct updates, if applicable
• Special Programs may require additional requirements like a portfolio or/and schedule and audition
• If applicable, submit your financial aid documents
• For international students only: Submit official test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, Studyportals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.
Compare your wishlisted programmes with our new Comparison tool!
Did you know you can compare your wishlisted programmes with our new Comparison tool?