The majors and minors offered by the Department of Cinema and Interactive are designed to enable you to customize your education, within a learning environment that is collaborative and conducive to the pursuit, development, and exchange of ideas and information.
The curriculum provides students with the training necessary to succeed in a range of careers defined by a rapidly changing media landscape, and equips them to best leverage emerging technologies and innovative developments in the field.
Intended for students interested in intensive production, this Motion Pictures - Production program at University of Miami offers advanced technical skills in directing, cinematography, editing, sound, documentary, immersive storytelling, graphics and animation. You will learn about all stages of the creative process from writing and development, through production and post-production, to all forms of exhibition.
You will be encouraged to develop your individual talent and personal expression in a nurturing and collaborative environment, where you start making films in your first semester and participate in hands-on learning throughout the program.
The B.S.C. in Motion Pictures focuses on media creation with an emphasis on combining advanced technical proficiency with innovative narrative skills. Students gain practical and theoretical mastery of their particular professional concentration in screenwriting, production, post-production, and producing. Additionally, all students engage in critical studies of film history and theory in order to develop the analytical skills necessary for creative experimentation.
- Survey of Motion Pictures
- Digital Production
- History of International Cinema
- Freedom of Expression and Communication Ethics
- Public Speaking
- Motion Picture Workshop: Storytelling
- Post Production Sound Editing and Design
- Game Design
- Motion Picture Practicum
- Nonfiction Film and Digital Media
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 1384 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit the Common Application. Upon submitting, you will be asked to pay a $70 nonrefundable application fee.
- If you have attended a secondary school outside of the United States, you must submit your official secondary school documents (transcripts, mark sheets, certificates, examination results, etc.)
- We require you to submit two letters of recommendation: one from a high school guidance counselor and one from a teacher.
- The University of Miami is need-aware for first-year international undergraduate applicants. This means that, for a portion of international applicants, the Admission Committee will consider that student’s ability to pay tuition without the need for financial aid.
International58102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58102 USD per year during 48 months.
National58102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58102 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.