The School of Information Studies offers a bachelor of science degree (B.S.) in Information Management and Technology. This degree program provides a broad introduction to information management, services, and technologies, coupled with a firm foundation steeped in coursework from the liberal arts and sciences. Students learn the most effective ways to find information, assess people’s technology needs, and design and manage systems that meet those needs.
The Information Management and Technology program from Syracuse University offers opportunities to customize coursework to your unique career interests while preparing you for a job in the information field, including:
- Database structure and management
- Cloud design and infrastructure
- Information privacy and security
- Web design and development
Life After Syracuse University
The Information Management and Technology degree has consistently high placement rates for graduates, with 95% of 2015 graduates finding employment within six months of graduation. The major prepares students for IT roles such as:
- Systems support
IM&T majors also have the opportunity to pursue a Fast Track master’s degree with the iSchool’s M.S. in Information Management or M.S. in Library and Information Science.
- Computer Networking
- Information Technology Management and Administration
- Database Management Systems
- Information-Based Organizations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 2249 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Online Common Application
- Pay the application Fee ($85)
- Submit your official academic credentials
- Submit two academic recommendations
- TOEFL or IELTS required (if English is not your native language)
- Complete and submit a Visa Information Form
- Check to see if your college requires any additional materials
- Submit SAT/ACT scores (Optional)
- Review all Visa and immigration information.
International55920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55920 USD per year during 48 months.
National55920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55920 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.