The Religious Studies Program from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee is designed for three types of students:
- Those who are pursuing advanced degrees in the academic study of religion or allied disciplines or sub-disciplines (e.g., history of religions, religion and literature, religion and psychology, ethics, philosophy)
- Those who are seeking courses on topics relating to religion to fulfill distribution requirements
- Those who desire exposure to the academic study of religion as a worthy component of their liberal arts education.
To all students, our major offers an excellent opportunity to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of the intricate ways in which religious traditions inform human thought and behavior.
- Theories of Religion (or equivalent)
- Methods and Theory in the Historical Study of Religion: (or equivalent)
- Seminar in History: (with research conducted on a religion-related topic)
- African Religious Thought and Social Organizations (Indigenous religions)
- The Church in African-American Life (Christianity)
- The Celtic World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 3022 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online Application
- There is no fee to apply for an undergraduate (bachelor’s level) program.
- Evidence of English Proficiency
- Transcripts and Degree Certificates
- SAT or ACT scores are not included in our bachelor’s application requirements, but you can submit them if you have them.
International21474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21474 USD per year during 48 months.
National21474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21474 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9610 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.