The curriculum of the Art program at California State University Northridge leading up to the B.A. degree is designed for students who are interested in (1) a liberal arts program with an emphasis in art, (2) specialized study in art, (3) preparation for graduate study in art, (4) preparation for academic and professional fields and/or (5) art teaching credential preparation.
The lower and upper division core program is required of all art majors. Additionally, students select lower and upper division elective units from one or more areas of concentration offered in the Art department in order to complete the B.A. program in their chosen area of study. Experiences are also available outside specialty areas, offering students opportunities to sharpen professional skills and increase their marketability.
The programs in the Department of Art prepare students for a broad range of opportunities in today’s academic, professional and entertainment fields, including animation, branding, visual communication, social innovation design, user experience design, interactive design, illustration, photography, video/film, public art, studio arts, museum and gallery practices, art writing, art publishing and teaching. In addition, the Art Education program has a long and successful history for teacher preparation.
- Drawing I
- Beginning Two-Dimensional Design
- Beginning Three-Dimensional Design
- World Arts: The Western Tradition
- World Arts: Africa, Oceania and the Americas
- World Arts: Asia
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National Students:FALL admission: December 15SPRING admission: August 1
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 575 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United States
- You have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale, or an average of "B" grades on an "A - F" letter grading scale. (CSUN will convert your international GPA when you apply for admission.)
- You have met our English language requirement
- Complete online application at Cal State Apply
- A $70.00 (US currency) non-refundable application fee
- Affidavit of Financial Support and bank statement
- All OFFICIAL secondary-school records, including certificates, examination grades, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Your records must include official verification of high school completion. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are also required to have the U.S. institution(s) send official transcript(s) directly to CSUN.
- Official English translations of all academic records, including certificates, degrees or diplomas
- A copy of your passport photo page
International12608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12608 USD per year during 48 months.
National12608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12608 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7064 USD per year during 48 months.
Yearly tuition fee for seven or more units per semester.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.