Fast-track your career with a program in English Education from Florida State University that offers maximum preparation in minimum time. Join our community of passionate, dedicated, and supportive students and faculty in Florida State University’s accelerated BS/MS program in English Education.
As you practice planning, delivering, and managing high quality instruction, you are guided to rich understanding of the many print and non-print literacies that define today’s communication.
This includes coursework addressing ways that technology can enhance teaching and learning, the roles that English teachers assume when working with non-native speakers of English who are English Language Learners (ELLs), and the English teacher’s role in reading instruction. Upon graduation, you will be eligible for a Florida Professional Educator’s Certificate in English (grades 6-12) and the English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) endorsement
- Teaching Literature and Drama in High Schools
- Teaching English in Middle School
- Classroom Management & Planning Instructor in Middle/High School English
- Methods & Observation/Participation in Middle/Secondary English
- Enhancing Teaching with Technology
- Literacy in the Content Area
- Language Principles for Teachers
- Teaching English Learners
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 3656 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Meet the general criteria for transfer into an FSU degree-granting program (see General Bulletin)
- Complete all General Education requirements or an A.A. degree, within the Florida articulation agreement, with a grade of 'C' or higher in each freshman English and each basic mathematics course
- Complete the English Education Program Prerequisites
- Complete the Pre-education coursework with grades of C minus or better
- Achieve a passing score on the General Knowledge portion of the FTCE
- Achieve an overall 2.50 GPA minimum
- Satisfy the university Oral Communication Competency, Computer Literacy, multicultural/diversity, and Natural Science Lab requirements as outlined in the Undergraduate General Bullet
International18796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18796 USD per year during 48 months.
National18796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18796 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State5666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5666 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.