As enrolled students engage in teacher preparation, they also elect one of five specialty emphases in music education: brass, choral/general, woodwind, percussion or strings.
All students are educated on musical disciplines, principal and secondary performance areas, music history, music theory, sight-singing, dictation, conducting, and ensemble participation. This combination of knowledge and skill-based experiences provides graduates with increased marketability and a high level of preparedness to work with students of all abilities at all grade levels.
Life After Syracuse University
With a Music Education degree from Syracuse University you can pursue careers including:
- School Music teacher
- Studio Vocal or Instrumental Instructor
- Professional Musician
- Sound engineer
- Music program director
Or, earn a graduate degree in areas such as music education, music therapy, performance, music history, ethnomusicology, music composition, music theory, or arts administration. Previous graduates have continued their education at many of the top graduate schools in the U.S.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technology in Music Education
- Foundations of Music Education
- Field Experience in Music Education
- Teaching of Voice for Schools
- Music in the Elementary School
- Methods and Materials in General Music
- Marching Band Techniques
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music Liberal Arts View 3542 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Online Common Application
- Pay the application Fee ($85)
- Submit your official academic credentials
- Submit two academic recommendations
- TOEFL or IELTS required (if English is not your native language)
- Complete and submit a Visa Information Form
- Check to see if your college requires any additional materials
- Submit SAT/ACT scores (Optional)
- Review all Visa and immigration information.
International55920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55920 USD per year during 48 months.
National55920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55920 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.