The Chemistry BS program at Rice University rigorously prepares students for advanced work in chemistry or a related discipline, and the degree requirements are consistent with the guidelines for certification by the American Chemical Society.
This curriculum provides a broad and comprehensive introduction to core areas of chemistry while promoting depth of understanding in one or more specific fields.
- BS students complete a series of foundation courses in general chemistry, analytical chemistry, biological chemistry, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, and physical chemistry.
- Students then complete one or more areas of specialization, consisting of in-depth courses both in and out of the specialization.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- General Chemistry
- The Chemistry Of Art
- Advanced Topics In General Chemistry Laboratory
- Advanced Topics In General Chemistry
- Wild Topics In Chemistry And Nanotechnology
- Organic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 375 other Bachelors in Chemical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Coalition Application or the Common Application and Rice writing supplement
- $75 nonrefundable application fee (must be paid online)
- Official high school transcript in English (or a certified English translation)
- Recommendation Letters
- Early decision agreement
- Demonstration of English proficiency
- International Student Financial Statement
International52070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52070 USD per year during 48 months.
National52070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.