Students at Rice University pursuing the major concentration in Film and Photography are strongly encouraged to explore film-related courses offered in other departments that may enrich their selected major concentration, such as philosophy, anthropology, science, history, cultural studies, language, writing, comparative studies, etc. Students should speak with their faculty advisor prior to enrolling.
Upon completing the BA degree with a major in Visual and Dramatic Arts and a major concentration in Film and Photography, students will be able to:
- Understand the social, aesthetic, and technological history of film and photography.
- Become fluent in both older forms of filmmaking and photography and newer ones.
- Grasp the relationship between the tools and the art.
- Utilize the understanding and the fluency to create works of art.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Beginning Digital Photography
- Intermediate Digital Phtography
- Photography Bookmaking
- Visualizing Nature
- Advanced Digital Photography
- Critical Studies For Studio Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 2560 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Coalition Application or the Common Application and Rice writing supplement
- $75 nonrefundable application fee (must be paid online)
- Official high school transcript in English (or a certified English translation)
- Recommendation Letters
- Early decision agreement
- Demonstration of English proficiency
- International Student Financial Statement
International52070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52070 USD per year during 48 months.
National52070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.