You’ll gain an understanding of natural hazards, assess Earth’s climate variability and global change, predict the migration of man-made pollutants, and explore for the energy and mineral resources upon which society depends.
Consider Earth sciences as your major if you are intrigued by these questions:
- How was planet Earth formed?
- What surface and internal processes have shaped the Earth?
- How has life evolved on Earth?
- Why are there earthquakes, volcanoes, mountain chains, continents, and oceans?
- How has the surface of the Earth changed over time?
Life After Syracuse University
With a Earth Sciences program from Syracuse University, you’ll be prepared for careers in a variety of fields, including:
- Climate and environmental sciences
Or pursue a graduate degree. Recent graduates of the program have attended some of the top graduate schools in the U.S.
- Dynamic Earth
- Earth System Science
- Earth Science
- Earth Sciences Laboratory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Natural Sciences View 964 other Bachelors in Natural Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have completed academic work outside the U.S. you must also provide official academic credentials as well as English translations of the documents. If only one document is available, we will accept notarized or certified copies of the original document. If translations are needed, it is your responsibility to have the credentials translated by a reputable translation and evaluation service. Syracuse University will not provide translations for you. A key to the marking system or grading scale should also be included if it is not indicated on the transcript.
International58440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58440 USD per year during 48 months.
National58440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58440 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State58440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58440 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Syracuse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.