Canditates of the Science Education program of the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee experience and participate in hands-on, classroom-based field work and student teaching in middle and high schools. By successfully completing the program, you will meet the Wisconsin teacher certification requirements for grades 6 through 12 (EAA).
ABC Pathway To STEM Teacher Education Program — MACSTEP 2.0 Is Designed For
- Undergraduates who are completing a degree at UWM, or another institution
- Post-baccalaureates (who already have a degree in science, mathematics or engineering) who want to become certified to teach through videoconferencing technology, or attending on-campus courses, or a combination of both.
- Post-baccalaureates who want certification, but also wish to complete many of their credits for a Masters Degree, and finish the M.S. shortly after beginning their first teaching job.
- Post-baccalaureate from anywhere in Wisconsin or Northern Illinois.
- Veterans, active military, Guards and Reserve — this program compliments the Department of Defense Troops to Teachers.
- Teachers on an emergency, or substitute license, teaching at a public or private school, who wish to obtain a science or mathematics teaching license.
Why ABC Pathway To STEM Teacher Education Program — MACSTEP 2.0 Science Teaching?
- World class, cutting-edge and research-based teacher education curriculum taught by expert and experienced science educators.
- Become fully equipped to teach in Wisconsin and beyond with a focus on Next Generation Science Standards and high-cognitive demand tasks that engage all learners.
- Quality field experience supervisors and exceptional cooperating teachers.
- Earn your certification in three semesters (summer, fall, spring) with flexible and convenient evening and summer course offerings with cohorts of students and instructors.
- Rigorous preparation for future employment in a variety of settings working with diverse groups of students.
- Perfect for a diverse array of students, including traditional undergraduates or transfer students, career changers who already hold a bachelor’s degree, and master’s degree candidates seeking a license to teach.
- Public Speaking
- Teaching Science in Middle and High School
- Cooperative Strategies for Pre and Early Adolescents
- Science Methods II: Middle/Secondary Methods and Fieldwork
- Assessment in Science and Math
- Inclusion for Secondary Science and Math Educators
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3653 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- $25 Application Fee
- Evidence of English Proficiency
- Submit original or officially-certified copies of academic records for all secondary education (high school). You must also submit academic records from all post-secondary (university or college) education, whether or not the program was completed
- Although not required for most students, if you have taken the ACT/SAT we encourage you to submit the scores as it can enhance your ability to get a scholarship and will increase your English placement options upon arrival
International21475 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21475 USD per year during 48 months.
National21475 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21475 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9610 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.