The Science Education BSc program offered at University of South Florida explores the theory and practice of teaching science education. The objective is to prepare reflective and caring educators for a career in middle and high schools.
The program offers four concentrations:
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Middle School Science Education
- Physics Education
All students will enroll in multiple clinical experiences throughout the program which will provide them with the opportunity to engage in the practice of teaching.
All undergraduate students in any degree program can participate in undergraduate research. There are a number of options to receive academic credit for a mentored research experience and to have the experience show on the official transcript.
- Communication Skills in the Science Classroom
- Teaching Methods in Middle Grade Science
- Methods of Secondary Science Education
- Science, Technology, Society Interaction
- Practicum in Secondary Science Education
- Senior Seminar in Science Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Natural Sciences Teaching View 3798 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application
- Pay the non-refundable US $30 application fee
- Original or certified copies of academic transcripts, mark sheets, grade reports, diplomas or certificates, national standardized examination results, or other academic course work to USF
- Official SAT or ACT scores to USF
- Official IELTS, TOEFL or PTEA scores to USF (only required for students from non-English speaking countries)
International17324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17324 USD per year during 48 months.
National17324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17324 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6410 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6410 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.