Students are exposed to scholarship on feminist theory and the intellectual, economic, political, and artistic contributions of women and feminist movements in various historical and cultural contexts.
Upon completion of the Women's and Gender Studies program at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in women’s and gender studies
- Conduct and present interdisciplinary research in the area of women’s and gender studies in an effective manner
- Apply the principals and insights of women’s and gender studies to personal, social, and community issues
- Think critically and analytically about current perspectives in women’s and gender studies
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Gender and Sexuality in Africa
- Comparative Studies in Culture, Gender, and Global Forces
- Black Women in America
- Gender and Culture
- Gender, Space, and Place in the Middle East
- Women in the Middle East
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 388 other Bachelors in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
- Letter of Recommendation: This letter should come from a teacher who taught you in a core academic area, like English, math, science, social science, or world language.
- Official Transcript and School Report: Ask your school to send us your official transcript by secure electronic delivery as well as an official school report.
- College and University Courses: If you’ve taken courses for credit at a college or university, you are required to report them on your application and include the specific courses and grades in the UNC supplement, but you don’t need to send official transcripts when applying.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Because of disruptions related to COVID-19, the UNC System has approved a waiver of the SAT or ACT requirement for candidates who are applying for fall 2022 admission.
International34882 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17441 USD per semester during 48 months.
National34882 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17441 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7018 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3509 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.