The program offers an integrative approach to the study of parks, recreation, and tourism that combines foundational knowledge in the social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences with professional skills in planning, business operations, and managerial skills.
The Sustainable Parks, Recreation and Tourism degree offered by The University of Vermont engages students in an integrative study of parks, recreation, and tourism that combines foundational skills and knowledge in the social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences.
The Program links professional education in planning and managing outdoor recreation and tourism resources with the capacity to become flexible and creative innovators in a changing world. We aim to instill in our students, tomorrow’s leaders, the values of community engagement, creative adaptation, and life-long learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Natural History & Human Ecology
- Dialogue and Critical Reflection
- Intro to Recreation & Tourism
- Race & Culture in Natural Resources
- Landscape Architect. for Parks & Rec
- Ecology, Ecosystems & Environment
- Social Processes & the Environment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTourism & Leisure View 167 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One year of biology and one year of chemistry or physics. Additional year of college preparatory math beyond algebra II.
- Four years of English
- Three years of mathematics (Algebra I, Algebra II and geometry (or equivalents))
- Two years of the same foreign language (American sign language meets this requirement)
- Three years of a natural or physical science, including a laboratory science
- Three years of social sciences
International41280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41280 USD per year during 48 months.
National41280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41280 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State16392 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16392 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.