About the Program
Students of the Political Science at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) are introduced to the findings and the methods for gathering information about political behavior and political processes. Course work emphasizes the development of analytic thinking and clear writing skills. Upper-division courses are organized around general areas of study, including American society and politics, comparative politics, international relations, public law, and political theory.
Students have many opportunities to pursue special topics in political science through independent study courses, field studies, the department’s honors program and internships. Many political science majors participate in such programs as the UC/DC Internship Program, in Washington, D.C. and the University's Education Abroad Program. Political science majors learn how to understand politics and acquire the skills for effective performance in many professional fields.
- Political Science: Political Analysis
- Political Science: Micropolitics
- American Government
- Political Theory
- International Relations
- Politics Around the World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 723 other Bachelors in Public Policy in United States
- You must receive a 3.0 GPA (3.4 for non-California residents) or higher in the 15 required “a-g” subject courses, with no grade lower than a C.
- UCI will not consider SAT or ACT scores for admission or scholarship purposes. After enrollment, exams may be used for class placement or some graduation requirements.
- Personal Insight Questions (your personal insight questions should be exactly that – personal. This is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, what matters to you, your hopes, ambitions, life experiences, and inspirations. Key points about the personal insight questions include: freshman applicants choose four out of eight questions to answer, each response is limited to a maximum of 350 words. We encourage you to take your time. Be open, be reflective, and be honest. Your personal insight questions provide context for the rest of your application.)
- English proficiency requirements
International45656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45656 USD per year during 48 months.
National45656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45656 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State15902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15902 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.