As you dive into your Food Science and Human Nutrition at the Clemson University classes, you’ll learn to apply principles of basic and applied sciences to the design and manufacture of high quality, sustainable, convenient, safe and nutritious foods. Alongside that, you’ll discover how to identify the relationship between nutrients and human health. Our flexible curriculum allows you the opportunity to focus your studies in one of two areas that will support your academic and professional goals.
Food Science and Technology Concentration
With this concentration, you will be prepared for a career within the food industry at the local, regional, national or global level. You’ll also be able to focus your studies in one of three emphasis areas:
- food packaging and manufacturing operations;
- sustainable food, nutrition and health; or
- culinary science.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- General Biology
- General Biology Laboratory
- Principles of Biology
- General Chemistry
- Human Communication
- Public Speaking
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Food Sciences View 2194 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants for both freshman and transfer admission must submit the following:
- Application form with an application-processing fee, drawn from either a U.S. bank or a U.S. dollar account.
- Scores from the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT).
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores. English proficiency is measured through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
International38550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38550 USD per year during 48 months.
National38550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38550 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State15558 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15558 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Clemson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.