The Philosophy Department at University of California, Riverside is a nationally ranked program with a genuinely pluralistic emphasis. We have strengths in specific areas of analytic philosophy, 19th and 20th century European philosophy, and the history of philosophy (especially the eighteenth and nineteenth century).
For the last several years we have been ranked near the top worldwide in Agency Theory (or Philosophy of Action) and in 19th/20th Century Continental Philosophy, and we have strengths in Kant, the philosophy of mind and language, epistemology, the history of analytic philosophy, moral theory, legal theory and philosophy of religion. There is a large amount of interchange among the different areas of strength in the Department and most faculty work in multiple areas.
Ours is a program where students can study both contemporary analytic and contemporary European philosophy, where there is a strong presence in the history of philosophy, and where no rigid barriers between these different areas of philosophy exist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Philosophy major is designed to introduce students to the important issues and arguments surrounding such subjects as morality, knowledge, the nature of the mind and of the physical world, science, and language.
- The program provides a rigorous background in the history of Western philosophy, and studies contemporary approaches (both analytic and Continental) to philosophical issues.
- The B.A. degree in Philosophy prepares students for graduate study in philosophy, and is also excellent preparation for law school. For students interested in a double major, philosophy also serves as an excellent complement to psychology, mathematics, political science, and the natural sciences.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 969 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Test scores
- Annual income (optional)
- Social Security number (if you have one)
- Citizenship status
- Statewide student ID (optional)
- Credit card (or check)
International45264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45264 USD per year during 48 months.
National45264 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45264 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State15510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15510 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.