Professional support in related sciences and business is required. The program inTextiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design - Textile Science is planned for students interested in sales, research, or management in the textile industry. It is also recommended for students who plan to go on to graduate school in either textiles or related sciences. Students are eligible to receive a minor in chemistry from the College of Arts and Sciences. This program is available at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Textile Science integrates the development, acquisition, distribution and utilization of textiles. This option brings together the study of basic sciences and technologies, application of management principles, the perspective of history as well as the fine art of design in a rich, challenging learning environment. The department's main objective is to prepare students for successful careers in the global textile and apparel industries.
- With a degree in Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design, careers and positions include Textile Testing Analyst, Product Development.
- Training Specialist, Quality Assurance Specialist, Quality Assurance Analyst, or Technical Sales.
- Computer Basics for TMFD
- Product Development I: Garment Assembly
- Visual Communication and Presentation
- Clothing and Society: You Are What You Wear
- Introduction to Design Theory and Criticism
- Visualization Studio
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 164 other Bachelors in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
- Transcripts: You will self-report your academic record. Use an unofficial transcript to fill in your information
- After you've taken the ACT or SAT, request the testing institution to send us your official scores. Our codes are: ACT: 2482 and SAT: 6877
- Application Fee: There is a $45 application fee payable with a credit card or a check. Make the check out to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and put the applicant's name on the memo line
- Scholarship Statement: To be considered for leadership and diversity scholarships, you must write a 500-word essay all about you. Focus on leadership, career goals and community service
International24900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
National24900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.