The program in Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design - Merchandising at University of Nebraska-Lincoln emphasizes textiles, product development, and provides understanding of fashion theory, as well as basic skills and techniques in the apparel and textiles industry and distribution of textiles and apparel in the global society.
Merchandising integrates the application of management principles, the science of chemistry and the perspective of history in a rich, challenging learning environment. State-of-the-industry software including inventory control information systems, spread-sheet analysis and 3D Visual Merchant prepare students for a career in a technology-dominated workplace.
- With a degree in Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design, careers and positions are possible in Wholesale & Retail Buyer, Retail Store Executive, Training Specialist.
- Sales Representative, Entrepreneur, Import/Exporter, Marketing & Promotion, Visual Merchandiser, Retail Promotion, or Product development.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Basics for TMFD
- Product Development I: Garment Assembly
- Visual Communication and Presentation
- Clothing and Society: You Are What You Wear
- Introduction to Design Theory and Criticism
- Visualization Studio
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 1060 other Bachelors in Marketing in United States
- Transcripts: You will self-report your academic record. Use an unofficial transcript to fill in your information
- After you've taken the ACT or SAT, request the testing institution to send us your official scores. Our codes are: ACT: 2482 and SAT: 6877
- Application Fee: There is a $45 application fee payable with a credit card or a check. Make the check out to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and put the applicant's name on the memo line
- Scholarship Statement: To be considered for leadership and diversity scholarships, you must write a 500-word essay all about you. Focus on leadership, career goals and community service
International24900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
National24900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.