The student combines a background in textiles including coursework in textile science, textile and apparel design and merchandising, with the advertising area of journalism.
The Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design - Communications program, offered at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, emphasis combines a background in textiles with journalism. Prepare for a rewarding career by experiencing deadline-driven excitement in a rich, challenging learning environment.
Students work closely with both Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design faculty and faculty in the College of Journalism and Mass Communications. While most students focus on advertising, news editorial and broadcasting, there are also additional options as well.
- With a degree in Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design's Communications emphasis, careers are possible in marketing and promotion, fashion journalism and reporting, news media, retail promotion, small business development, or advertising and merchandising.
- Computer Basics for TMFD
- Product Development I: Garment Assembly
- Visual Communication and Presentation
- Clothing and Society: You Are What You Wear
- Honors: Clothing and Human Behavior
- Introduction to Design Theory and Criticism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 806 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in United States
- Transcripts: You will self-report your academic record. Use an unofficial transcript to fill in your information
- After you've taken the ACT or SAT, request the testing institution to send us your official scores. Our codes are: ACT: 2482 and SAT: 6877
- Application Fee: There is a $45 application fee payable with a credit card or a check. Make the check out to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and put the applicant's name on the memo line
- Scholarship Statement: To be considered for leadership and diversity scholarships, you must write a 500-word essay all about you. Focus on leadership, career goals and community service
International24900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
National24900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.