Interdisciplinary, multi-system lectures are designed to teach students system skills and the ability to solve engineering problems. The course’s international focus means that students are prepared for working in a global market, and at the same time makes studying easier for international students.
This in-depth, professionally oriented course focuses on two key areas. The first is the technologies and procedures required for the production of metals for industrial use.
The second focus is the metal forming manufacturing processes for primary and secondary formation, with the focus on the process technologies that determine their properties. This encompasses hot-forming and cold-forming procedures in the iron and steel industries as well as for non-ferrous metals. It also includes forming procedures in manufacturing technology for sheet manufacture and cold forging. The Metallurgy and Metal Forming course from University of Duisburg-Essen is therefore both materials-focused and manufacturing oriented.
- Master basic engineering and scientific principles and methods and the thinking behind them;
- Master basic specialist principles in manufacturing technology;
- Master basic specialist principles in thermodynamics;
- Master basic specialist principles in materials technology;
- Master basic specialist principles in metallurgy;
- Be able to pursue their preference for a commercial or academic career via their choice of electives;
Accredited by ASIIN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Theory
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Theoretische Metallurgie
- Computer Based Engineering Mathematics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Chemistry View 8 other Masters in Physics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- General university entrance qualification ("Abitur") or
- Special university entrance qualification (restricted to certain fields of study, so called "Fachhochschulreife" or equivalent).
- The evidence of a special degree course related educational background or qualification from school with special profile in mathematics.
- Applicants must prove that they have studied mathematics in the last 3 years of the previous education entitling them to direct university access and have graduated with a grade of 2.0 (German grading system) or better.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Essen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.