Specialist and cross-system lectures are designed to equip students with system skills and interdisciplinary problem-solving skills. Thanks to its international perspective, the Mechanical Engineering course at University of Duisburg-Essen prepares students for work in a globalised marketplace while at the same time making it easier to study for international students.
- Master basic engineering and natural science knowledge and techniques and the thinking that lies behind them;
- Master the basic specialist principles of construction technology;
- Master the basic specialist principles of energy technology;
- Master the basic specialist principles of manufacturing technology;
- Master the basic specialist principles of fluid engineering and thermodynamics;
- Be able to pursue their preference for a commercial or academic career via their choice of electives;
Accredited by ASIIN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Design Theory
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Fundamentals of Programming Lab
- Fluid Mechanics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering View 10 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- General university entrance qualification ("Abitur") or
- Special university entrance qualification (restricted to certain fields of study, so called "Fachhochschulreife" or equivalent).
- The evidence of a special degree course related educational background or qualification from school with special profile in mathematics.
- Applicants must prove that they have studied mathematics in the last 3 years of the previous education entitling them to direct university access and have graduated with a grade of 2.0 (German grading system) or better.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Essen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.