The level of education and mandated study hours of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering course at University of Duisburg-Essen mean that graduates can take on roles typically found in non-technical areas. These include roles with manufacturing firms relating to the servicing, testing, manufacture, sales, project planning, consultancy and marketing of electrical engineering components, equipment and systems.
- Master basic engineering and natural science principles and methods and the thinking that lies behind them;
- Master the basic specialist principles of messaging and communications technology;
- Master basic specialist principles of high voltage engineering and be able to handle electrical current safely and responsibly;
- Master the basic specialist principles of computer engineering;
- Master the basic specialist principles of semi-conductor technology;
Accredited by ASIIN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Computer Engineering
- Measurement Technology
- Network Analysis
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Logical Design of Digital Systems
- Logical Design of Digital Systems Lab
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 10 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- General university entrance qualification ("Abitur") or
- Special university entrance qualification (restricted to certain fields of study, so called "Fachhochschulreife" or equivalent).
- The evidence of a special degree course related educational background or qualification from school with special profile in mathematics.
- Applicants must prove that they have studied mathematics in the last 3 years of the previous education entitling them to direct university access and have graduated with a grade of 2.0 (German grading system) or better.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Essen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.