You'll develop high-end strategic and critical thinking skills informed by the latest research and practice. You'll learn how to create powerful, innovative and refined design solutions to meet the needs of the communication design industry.
Course learning outcomes
- demonstrate knowledge of cognitive skills to critically review, analyse, consolidate (apply) and synthesise knowledge in the field of Communication Design and apply this with initiative in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice and/or scholarship
- demonstrate technical and practical skills, and a broad understanding of Communication Design knowledge with depth in, conceptualisation, visualisation, application, usability and sustainability
- demonstrate knowledge and creative skills to exercise grounded judgment in design thinking to identify and solve communication problems collaboratively and/or independently, in diverse contexts
- apply communication skills to present a clear, coherent and independent understanding of communication sesign to diverse audiences and stakeholders, explaining the role and significance of the communication design project
- apply knowledge of production skills to evaluate environmental considerations and apply principles of sustainability to the development of responsible and accountable design solutions
- exercise organisational and leadership skills, and the ability to plan and execute a project and research with groups that may include academics, industry professionals and students
- foster and develop professional networks and to synthesise the nexus between research and design practice
- apply cognitive skills to exercise critical thinking in developing new understandings of professional communication design problems and research principles, and be able to adapt these in diverse contexts.
Graduates may find employment in design consultancy, advertising, publishing, merchandising and government instrumentalities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Narratives
- Digital Design
- Packaging Design
- Photography for Design
- Visual Communication Studio
- Brand and Identity Design
- Web Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Communication Studies View 107 other Bachelors in Communication Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 079130D
Successful completion of an appropriate Victorian Year 12 or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification, ATAR score or equivalent. International students must successfully complete any subject in art, design or media equivalent to Year 12.
- IELTS overall band of 6.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 65%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33780 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33780 AUD per year during 48 months.
National8021 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8021 AUD per year during 48 months.
National fee is Commonwealth supported
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.