The department plays a significant role at all levels of the educational mission of Georgetown University. First, it serves the core curriculum with two required courses.
The "Problem of God" and "Introduction to Biblical Literature" serve as alternate choices for the first mandatory course. The remainder of the department course offerings, with its extensive range of topics, serves as the pool for the second course requirement.
Second, the department offers the Theology program with four options for concentration: Christian theology, religious ethics, biblical studies, and religious studies.
The Department of Theology provides students with tools to study the complexity and power of religious traditions. It also assists students with understanding the place of theology and religion in the human enterprise.
- Georgetown University, with its commitment to the Jesuit tradition, believes that modern men and women should reflect upon their relationship to the world, their fellow humans, and God. All students must take a year of philosophy and a year of theology.
- The Problem of God and one intermediate-level theology elective fulfill the theology requirement.
- Introduction to Biblical Literature may be substituted for Problem of God or may be used as an intermediate-level elective.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 844 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our application is conveniently located online for you to complete at your own pace. There is a $35, non-refundable fee.
- Submit an up-to-date version of your resume or CV.
- Write an essay explaining why you are interested in pursuing this degree. Your essay should be two to three pages in length, typed, and double-spaced.
- Your writing sample should be no longer than 500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official High School transcripts of GED Certification
- Official transcripts
International59784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29892 USD per semester during 48 months.
National59784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29892 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.