Students at the Computer Science (Software Engineering) BSc program offered at Arizona State University learn advanced processes, methodologies and tools for developing and testing large and small software applications in emerging areas such as:
- enterprise systems
- interoperable systems
- mobile computing
- service-orientated computing
They also learn information assurance concepts and techniques, or principles of human-computer interaction and methods, for developing these applications. The curriculum prepares students to assume leadership roles in software development organizations and to practice professional standards and emerging software technology to the software engineering life-cycle activities.
Career opportunities are plentiful for software engineers. Graduates of this program possess the knowledge and skills to work across the spectrum of software development process activities, including:
- project management
- quality assurance
- requirements engineering
- software analyst
- software architect
- software engineer
- software task leader
- software tester
Graduates of the software engineering concentration find employment in large and small organizations that develop, deploy and manage software systems. They work on all types of projects that include large, complex engineering systems, distributed banking, financial and government software, and gaming.
Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Principles of Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming and Data Structures
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- Distributed Software Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 990 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in United States
- Complete the undergraduate application for admission.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee (Arizona residents: $50; Domestic nonresidents: $70; International nonresidents: $85).
- Request your official transcript and examination results be sent directly from your school(s) or exam board to Admission Services.
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores.
- All international students planning to attend Arizona State University will need to first apply for an I-20 in order to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student visa.
International32760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32760 USD per year during 48 months.
National29952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29952 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10978 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tempe Junction
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.