Our Gender and Women's Studies curriculum at Villanova University stresses the exploration of both theoretical and practical concepts of power, as applied to gender and sexuality and to all forms of oppression through a multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary approach. Honoring the social, as well as the intellectual traditions of the discipline, our courses, which can be found in departments across the university, draw on feminist models of collaborative learning and value the knowledge and authority that students as well as teachers bring to the classroom.
Across the Gender and Women's Studies curriculum, students experience the dynamic process of integrating the quest for knowledge with personal experience, through courses that give them a voice, a sense of community, and an invitation to work for social change.
What is Gender & Women's Studies?
Empowers students by developing the skills needed to reason and argue competently, thus giving them a voice and sense of identity to work for change
Identifies gender and sexuality as fundamental to the ways that men and women understand themselves
- Our curriculum invites you to think critically about gender differences and sexualityfrom multiple disciplinary perspectives.Gender and Women's Studies courses,which are offered in Communication, Economics,English, History and Art History, Nursing,Peace and Justice,Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Theatre, and Theology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Gender & Sexuality Studies View 687 other Bachelors in Anthropology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application with the Member School Section for Villanova and required essays
- Official secondary school academic records (with official English translation) and letters of recommendation
- Application fee of $80
- Standardized test scores (SAT and/or ACT)
- Proof of English language proficiency
International58290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58290 USD per year during 48 months.
National58290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58290 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.