Students in the Art - Intermedia program from Arizona State University study traditional and emerging forms and orientations, including performance, installation, 3D fabrication, digital sculpture, public and place-based art, digital animation, and experimental and documentary video.
Faculty also teach special topics, including the recent studio seminars on walking as art practice and the engagement of women in the field of art and technology. Intermedia faculty nurture students’ talents and provide them with the skills to capture creative and professional opportunities, exhibitions, grants, commissions, residencies and employment as educators, curators, and media and arts professionals across an array of established and emerging fields.
Career opportunities depend on the emphasis selected. Possibilities include:
- computer graphics and animation
- community-based artist (in schools, healthcare setting, nonprofit agencies)
- event production and cultural production
- positions in the music or entertainment industry
- video production and post-production
- web-based entertainment, education and communication
Professions could include:
- art director and set designer
- audio and video equipment technician
- commercial and industrial designer
- elementary or secondary school teacher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Media
- Intermedia Practices
- Literacy and Critical Inquiry
- 2D Art Course
- Social-Behavioral Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- English: four years (composition/literature based).
- Math: four years (algebra I, geometry, algebra II and one course requiring algebra II as a prerequisite).
- Laboratory science: three years total (one year each from any of the following areas are accepted: biology, chemistry, earth science, integrated sciences, and physics) .
- Social science: two years (including one year American history).
- Foreign language: two years (same language).
- Fine arts: one year.
- First-year students must have a 3.00 grade point average (GPA) (a "B" or better where "A"=4.00) from a secondary school.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International31200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31200 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National28800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28800 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10710 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.